Mumble 1.3.0, the successor of 1.2.5 is currently in development.
Feedback encouraged! - We rely on your testing and feedback to improve Mumble, if you find any bugs in the current stable or in a recent snapshot please report them using our bugtracker. If you think we lack an important feature take a look at the corresponding feature tracker.
Improved user management
To simplify the administration of servers with a lot of users Mumble 1.2.5 ships with an improved userlist manager in the client. The new manager displays nick, time since the user was last seen* as well as the channel the user was last seen in*. You can sort the display on all those values and apply filtering by username and/or time since the user last joined the server to quickly find the user you want to edit. The new interface allows renaming users as well as (batch) deletions.
* requires server version >=1.3.0
Improved banlist management
Dynamic channel filtering
The dynamic channel filtering feature enables you to effectively navigate big mumble servers with lots of users and channels. You can toggle the filter by pressing the filter icon in the icon bar or by pressing [Ctrl+F]. By default the filter will hide all empty channels on the server from your channel tree. Additionally you can right-click channels and add them to your explicit filter list. If the dynamic filter is enabled channels on this list will be hidden even if users are currently residing in them.
- The Mumble Overlay now displays in more games, for example in Guild Wars 2.
- Support for DirectX 11
- An optional clock in the overlay
- Mumble can be configured to locally lower volume of other users while you talk if you have the "Priority Speaker" status. This is off by default and can be enabled in Configure -> Settings -> Audio Output
- Text to Speech on OS X has been updated to use the NSSpeechSynthesizer API (this allows TTS to work on Mavericks)
- Multichannel recordings are synchronous even after several hours
- New bindable shortcut for changing transmission modes (voice activation, push to talk, continuous).
- Improved Opus 1.1 codec
- Windows clients report full operating system string instead of only the version number. For example:
Special thanks to our many contributors for this release.
Specifically askreet for Bindable shortcut for transmission modes, dc6jgk for Dynamic channel filtering, Piratonym for Improvements of the "Priority Speaker", zorgiepoo for Updated Text-To-Speech Mac OS X and Zuko for the clock in the overlay, full operating system information for Windows clients, Improved user management and Improved banlist management.